Bookkeeping and Accountancy for Small Business
Abacus Jack is an ethical and values led business offering affordable, jargon-free bookkeeping and accountancy services for small businesses, contractors, and self employed.
As HMRC agents for Accountancy Service Provision, we can act on your behalf for the preparation and submission of personal and company tax returns, small business accounts, VAT, and payroll.
Making Tax Digital
The UK Government will soon be launching it's "Making Tax Digital" legislation, requiring all businesses to submit records to HMRC electronically and more frequently, marking an end to the annual tax return and paper based records.
We provide low cost, simple to use, digital bookkeeping tools which will enable you to move away from paper based records and manage your business finances from your phone, tablet or PC at any time.
- Quickly email invoices to customers and include a link to allow card payments - so get paid quicker.
- Manage all customer contact details in one place.
- No need to download software. All our services run through your web browser and can be accessed 24/7 on any device.
- Track exactly how much money is coming into and out of your business at any moment.
- Manage your expenses through the app by simply photographing receipts and adding the expense detail.
Two Simple Price Plans
Our fee structure is simple and transparent. Clients can change services at any time, and we don't tie you into contracts. You can cancel services at any time.
£75 per month + VAT
What is included?
- All features of Sole Trader / Partnership service, plus
- Payroll service for up to 2 employees
- VAT returns completed and submitted
- Completion and Submission of your End of Year Accounts and Corporation Tax return
- Completion and Submission of Compnaies House Annual Confirmation Statement
Sole Traders and Partnerships
£45 per month + VAT
What is included?
- FreeAgent Bookkeeping Software
- Dedicated accountant for unlimited support
- When you finish a job for a customer, get paid easily and quickly by sending an email invoice, and include a link to pay by card, PayPal or even Direct Debit payments.
- Automatically reconcile your bank account transactions into your accounts
- Automatically chase overdue bills
- Real Time Tax forecasts and Financial Reporting
- End of Year Trading Accounts
What benefits will you see?
- Your business will be compliant with HMRC legislation, including the up and coming Making Tax Digital initiatives, which HMRC will begin to implement from 2019
- Your will always know how much money is coming in and going out of your business - your online account connects directly to your bank account and shows you a real time view of your income, expenditure, and profit / loss.
- You will know which taxes are due, how much, and when - your online account shows you a tax timeline and with our support we will ensure you never miss tax deadlines.
- Smarter invoicing. Start invoicing customers electronically, including the ability for your customers to pay you online, by card, or by direct debit, ensuring you receive payments more quickly.
- Use your online account to manage your client database and your projects.
- Record expenses and mileage on the go, including scanning and uploading receipts from your phone.
- Manage pay and dividends across your business.
- Remove the worry and burden HMRC compliance with our support services for VAT, Payroll, and end of year accounting.
Ethics and Values
We work to strong values of honesty, simplicity, and transparency. All our costs are published on our pricing page and we will always agree the cost of any services in advance. Monthly services can be changed or cancelled at any time – we don’t believe in contracts. All your business data is owned by you and accessible to you even if you cease to be a client – it is your data after all!
We really enjoy the work we do and want clients to feel they get the very best service. We think we’ve achieved this and therefore are happy to provide references to all out clients.
5 Star Service
Click to read some of our recent reviews