3 ways to get your queries answered
We expect our clients to have lots of questions, particularly when doing things for the first time. Ask us as many questions as you like, until you are satisfied you have the answer you need. You never pay any extra for our advice or support.
To help you, there are 3 ways of getting your questions answered.
1. Video Tutorials
Have a look at all the Video Tutorials below, covering common day to day bookkeeping functions such as Invoicing, Estimates, Bill Payments, Expenses, Bank Feeds, and Project / Time management.
2. Free Agent Online Help Tool
If videos don't float your boat, or have not answered the question, you have access to the online help service provided directly by Free Agent, who provide the software which powers your online account. Simply type your query and the tool will display detailed information in relation to the topic. The scope of information covered by the online help is vast, so we hope you will find many answers using this method.
3. Phone, or email
The other way of getting help is simply to get in touch with us. It is what we are here for. All our packages include as much support as you need, when you need it. Running a business isn't easy, and there's no such thing as a silly question. If you are unsure about anything ring or email us:
- 0191 687 2150
Office hours are 0900 to 1730, Monday-Friday. We aim to respond to emails / messages the same day, or if it's later in the day when you contact us, then it may be the next day.
Managing Cash Flow using your online account
- Manage money coming in and money going out of your business
- Learn about the concept of automatic bank feeds and how to set these up.
- Learn how to reconcile and explain bank transactions, including automatically recognising regular transactions
How to Send Personalised Estimates
- This short video explains how to compose a personal estimate for a piece of work based on time, activity or a stand alone amount.
- Create estimates in any currency and automatically translate text into other languages.
- Estimates can be emailed directly from your online account, using your personal email settings including a personal message.
- Estimates can easily be converted to invoices should the work be accepted and completed.
- Estimates can be saved as PDF's for printing / posting.
How to Create an Invoice
- This short video tutorial explains how to create personalised invoices, ether based on time, projects, or stand alone items.
- Client billable expenses can be automatically included if needed.
- Invoices can be set to reoccur automatically, and if sent electronically can include a button for online payments
- Invoices can be prepared in advance, saved as drafts, and scheduled to be sent automatically on a day you choose.
- Invoices can be emailed directly from your online account, using your personal email settings in terms of "From" address and message content.
- Invoices can be saved as PDF's for printing / posting.
How to Set up a Bank Feeds
- This video shows you how you can securely connect your business bank account(s) directly to your Abacus Jack online account, allowing you to see near real time transactions.
- Reconciliation against income and expenses has never been easier and can be partially or fully automated, or completed manually if you prefer.
- Create rules and alerts to help keep you informed of your business income and outgoings, including unusual or unplanned transactions.
How to Record an Expense
- This video explains how to record business expenses.
- Expenses can be standalone costs associated with running your business, such as stationery or advertising, or they can be associated with clients or projects and even re-billed to clients if necessary, for example travelling on behalf of your client.
- VAT is automatically calculated and linked to your VAT returns (if VAT registered)
- Expenses can be set up to re-occur automatically if needed
- Receipts can be scanned on a smartphone and uploaded to your account to create a permanent record of the transaction.
How to record a mileage claim
- This video explains how to record business mileage.
- Mileage expenses are likely to be a day to day occurrence associated with running your business and as such it is important to get into a good habit of recording mileage regularly. You can even do this via your smartphone quickly and simply.
- Mileage costs can be standalone costs, for example a trip to visit us at Abacus Jack, or they can be associated with clients or projects and even re-billed to clients if necessary, for example travelling on behalf of your client.
- Create regular and recurring trips to make the process of entering mileage easier
- Ensure mileage costs are reimbursed quickly to the right person within your business.
Remember - if you are still unclear as to how something works or you have a general question about any aspect of running your business, please don't hesitate to contact us so we can help you and put your mind at rest. Contact details below.