Are you wanting to start a business?
Are you already running a small business?
Do you need support with your business finances and tax obligations?
Would you like to run your business more efficiently and embrace more digital ways of working to free up more of your time?
Based in Durham. Built for digital
Abacus Jack is a ethical and values led business offering affordable, jargon free bookkeeping and accountancy services for small businesses. Based near Durham in the North East, we serve small businesses across the UK. We are a small team of dedicated and experienced professionals who enjoy what they do and share strong values of honesty, transparency, respect and energy. We aim to make our customers lives better by removing the worry, uncertainty, and burden of bookkeeping and taxation.
Our business model is very simple: Combine an outstanding personal service with the very best digital bookkeeping facilities, allowing clients to run their businesses efficiently, digitally, and in complete compliance with UK tax law.
Every business is different
We work with you as an individual, so we don’t offer a one size fits all approach. If you would like to deal with the same dedicated person, who is only ever an email or phone call away, and who understands your business and your ambitions, then Abacus Jack might be for you.
Your bookkeeping requirements will depend on your budget and how busy your accounts are. We manage bookkeeping for clients who range from self employed dog walkers right through to £1m+ turnover companies. Client references are always available and we encourage new customers to speak to our existing clients.
The cost of bookkeeping can be a little as £19 per month, and is rarely more than £125 per month. We believe in simplicity and transparency in terms of prices and publish all our fees on our services page.
Services we provide
We provide all the traditional bookkeeping services you would expect. Our fee structure is simple and transparent. Clients can change services at any time, and we don't tie you into contracts. You can cancel services at any time.
- Small business start up services for Self Employed or Limited Companies, including Company Formation.
- Bank Reconciliation
- Client Invoicing
- Expenses and Payments
- End of Year Accounts and Corporation Tax returns
- Self Assessment Personal Tax returns
We are HMRC agents for Accountancy Service Provision and can therefore act as your authorised tax advisors, dealing with HMRC on your behalf.
All our services are compliant with UK tax law and HMRC legislation, including the up and coming Making Tax Digital proposals, which will affect all small businesses.
What benefits will you see?
- Your business will be compliant with HMRC legislation, including the up and coming Making Tax Digital initiatives, which HMRC will begin to implement from 2017.
- Your will always know how much money is coming in and going out of your business - your online account connects directly to your bank account and shows you a real time view of your income, expenditure, and profit / loss.
- You will know which taxes are due, how much, and when - your online account shows you a tax timeline and with our support we will ensure you never miss tax deadlines.
- Smarter invoicing. Start invoicing customers electronically, including the ability for your customers to pay you online, by card, or by direct debit, ensuring you receive payments more quickly.
- Use your online account to manage your client database and your projects.
- Record expenses and mileage on the go, including scanning and uploading receipts from your phone.
- Manage pay and dividends across your business.
- Remove the worry and burden HMRC compliance with our support services for VAT, Payroll, and end of year accounting.
Ethics and Values
We work to strong values of honesty, simplicity, and transparency. All our costs are published on our pricing page and we will always agree the cost of any services in advance. Monthly services can be changed or cancelled at any time – we don’t believe in contracts. All your business data is owned by you and accessible to you even if you cease to be a client – it is your data after all!
We really enjoy the work we do and want clients to feel they get the very best service. We think we’ve achieved this and therefore are happy to provide references to all out clients.
Alternatively, if you would prefer to speak to us or email us, we would love to hear from you.