Whether you are a Sole Trader or Limited Company, Abacus Jack provides flexible and affordable bookkeeping services to support your business.
How can we help?
Every business is different, as is every business owner. We can either manage all of your bookkeeping for you, or you can pick and choose which elements of bookkeeping you need help with.
All of our services provide unlimited support and we never charge extra for advice. You can change or cancel your services at any time without penalty.
We believe in total transparency when it comes to how much our services cost. Our prices are all set out on the pricing page
Basic Bookkeeping Service
Our basic bookkeeping package is designed for businesses who want to keep their costs low, and who are therefore happy to undertake some aspects of bookkeeping themselves, using our software and with our unlimited support. This package gives you access to your own Free Agent Online Bookkeeping account, allowing you manage the day to day administration of your business, with our guidance and help whenever you need it.
The basic bookkeeping package allows you to manage the following aspects of your business finances yourself, using Free Agent bookkeeping software. If you can use online banking, you can use online bookkeeping.
- Manage you clients, contacts and projects
- Produce and send estimates and invoices, including an online payment facility to get paid faster or by direct debit.
- Manage expenses and receipts - digitally.
- See a real time view of your bank accounts and automatically reconcile transactions.
- View real time Profit and Loss, and tax forecasts
- Manage Pay and Dividends across your business
Typically, this service costs less than £20 per month, excluding VAT. See our pricing page for more information
Many clients do not want the burden of managing their bookkeeping or accounts, instead preferring to concentrate on running their business. For an hourly fee, we can manage all aspects of your bookkeeping:
- For each of your clients and projects, we can produce and send estimates and invoices on your behalf
- We can set up and administer facilities for your clients to pay you online or via direct debit
- We give you access to our online system to submit your receipts online and we will manage your expenses.
- Send us your bills and invoices and we manage your supplier payments.
- Bank reconciliation - no need to send us bank statements, our software will integrate directly with your business bank account allowing us to reconcile your business banking transactions.
- We ensure you know which taxes are due and when.
- We provide regular reports summarising your books, which we discuss with you.
Add On Services
The following 'Add On' Services are charged individually, at a fixed fee, giving you complete flexibility in terms of choosing which services you need, and which you don't.
See our pricing page for costs
Simply tell us who you pay, how much, and how often and we take care of the rest. We support Auto Enrollment for Pensions and submit all required payroll information to HMRC. We send you a report detailing the amounts to pay your staff and HMRC. All your staff have access to their own online portal where they can view and download their payslips and other documents.
We will calculate, prepare and submit your VAT returns to HMRC. We cater for flat rate and standard VAT schemes.
End of Year Accounts
Sole Traders - If you operate as a Sole Trader, we will produce your annual trading accounts showing your income, outgoings, profit, and tax obligations.
Limited Companies - As a Limited Company director, you have certain responsibilities in terms of financial compliance. We support all these obligations with our 'Accounts Add On' service.
- Preparation and submission of End of Year Company Accounts to HMRC and Companies House.
- Preparation and submission of Corporation Tax Return to HMRC
- Preparation and submission of Companies House Confirmation Statement (Annual Return).
Personal Tax Returns / Self Assessment
We can calculate, and review with you, your personal tax return (self assessment). We can submit to HMRC and tell you exactly how to pay any tax due and by when.*
* Note, an additional charge will apply if your personal tax return includes UK Property, Foreign Income, Capital Gains summary, Trust Income, Residence, remittance basis etc, anything on the SA101 Additional Information form.
How much does it cost?
Basic Service Bookkeeping starts from £19 per month + VAT for Sole Traders, and £29 per month + VAT for Limited Companies
Outsourced Bookkeeping is charged at a flat rate of £20 per hour + VAT. Typically a small business may require just 1 or 2 hours per week, but we are happy to discuss your requirements in more detail to ensure you receive a service which you feel is value for money.
"Add On" services are priced individually.
We believe pricing should be simple and transparent. All our pricing is available online, via the link below. In addition we do not believe in contracts. You are free to change your services or cancel at any time. If you cancel, your still retain access to all of your data, forever. It is your data after all. Our full terms of service can be read here.
Do you already have an accountant?
Some of our clients stay with their existing accountants and simply buy our Online Bookkeeping Package, which combines a Free Agent account with our unlimited support. This lets you manage your day to day business finances and administration. We simply produce the necessary reports which your accountant will need in order to prepare your end of year accounts, tax return and submissions. Alternatively we can also add your chosen accountant as a user of your software which allows them access to your business data in real time.
Are you looking for an accountant?
Abacus Jack is a bookkeeping service and not a chartered accountancy. If you require the services of a chartered accountant, please let us know and we can put you in touch with one of our partner accountants.